To install the game just unzip anywhere to play.
If the game crashes or you get no sound, run the configuration program and change the settings.
Make sure to check the readme as well.
LATEST VERSION CHANGES
ALPHA 9a - fix crash when describing books/magazines with the Strong Psyche skill.
ALPHA 9 CHANGES
Undead hunger and rotting.
Living sanity and insanity, cannibalism.
Medics can try to revive recently deceased people.
1 (Rules) Cannot fire at or make an enemy of an indirect enemy.
2 (Item) Scent killer is not equipable anymore and the NPCs never use them.
3 (Options) Supplies drop option effect is reversed.
4 (Options) Some options are irrelevant to VTG mode but still enabled and used in computing difficulty.
5 (Wtf) Can drag more than one corpse but not really, causing bugs.
6 (Inventory) Partial stacks do not stack correctly in some situations : more is added than what isdropped.
7 (Murder) Cops can murder without consequences. Consequences will never be the same.
NEW GAMEPLAY : UNDEAD ROT
- Most undeads slowly rot away and have to eat flesh, similar to how livings have to eat food.
- Bite/eat people/corpses to recover points.
- When Hungry an undead may loose a skill each turn.
- When Starved an undead may loose 1 HP per turn.
NEW GAMEPLAY : SANITY
- Livings should try to keep their Sanity.
- Sanity slowly decays.
- There are 3 levels of Sanity :
- Sane : nothing happens.
- Disturbed : nightmares.
- Insane : nightmares plus insanity sometimes taking control of the living actions and doing random things.
- Livings seeing or doing disturbing actions take a sanity hit.
- butchering a corpse.
- eating a corpse (living cannibalism is worse).
- eating someone alive.
- zombification and corpse rising.
- death of follower/leader with whom the living had a bond (see below)
- Recover sanity by:
- forming and keeping a bond with followers/leaders (see below)
- using entertainment items (see blow).
- taking some meds (yellow pills).
- killing undeads.
NEW GAMEPLAY : CANNIBALISM
- Livings can eat corpses when starving or insane.
- Eating corpse recovers a bit of food points but transmit infection and is disturbing for sanity.
- Nutrition value is low, Light Eater helps a bit.
NEW GAMEPLAY : REVIVE
- Can try to revive corpses.
- Need : medic skill, a medikit, the corpse must be fresh.
- Chances depends on the skill level and the state of the corpse.
- A revive attempt consumes the medikit even if failed.
- Big boost in trust if not enemies.
NEW ITEMS : ENTERTAINMENT
- Using recovers sanity.
- Have a chance to become "boring" after each use.
- A "boring" item has no value anymore to the character who found it boring (but may still have value for other people).
- Books : good entertainment value.
- Magazines : stackable but low value and discarded once read.
- when max trust is reached, a "bond" is formed between the leader and the follower.
- a bond helps both livings recovering sanity, it is reassuring to know there is someone you can count on in this insane world.
- however, when the "bonded one" dies, the living takes a sanity hit.
- Followers remember the trust they had in their previous leader(s). Eg: leave a follower behind and he will remember the trust he had in you if you lead him again.
- Trees are now breakable and give wood.
- Wood from broken objects is not limited to one full stack of planks. Eg: trees = 10 planks (4,4,2).
- Trap: small actors (rats) have 90% chance to avoid triggering a trap.
- Murder: killing an agressor of a leader/mate count as self-defence and is not a murder.
- Indirect enemies: extended to include relations with respective leaders.
- New Z-Skill : Z-Light Eater, similar to living Light-Eater.
- Modified skill zombification : Light Eater becomes Z-Light Eater; Z-Eater has to be learned as zombie.
- New Skill : Strong Psyche - stay sane longer and recover more san.
- Followers: When fleeing/retreating, try to avoid stepping into their leader line of fire.
- Improved speed advantage evaluation : intelligent NPCs are much better at controlling range when they have a ranged weapon or are fighting a slower enemy (less stupid deaths).
- Starved or Insane hungry livings will eat corpses.
- Some livings use entertainment items.
- Intelligent NPCs will avoid stepping into traps that could kill instantly them unless starving or courageous/wreckless (gangs).
- Civilians will temporarily loose interest in an item stack they can't reach (eg:blocked by deadly traps).
- Not afraid anymore of stepping on empty cans ^^
- Not interested in ranged weapons if already have one.
- Civilians will trade with each other, but they won't annoy the player and remember with who they traded recently as to not spam trade offers.
- Civilians with medic skill will revive others.
- Meds can recover San.
And remember, die with a smile!